Heat & Other Essential Services – FAQ
November 2, 2009 – 1:55 pm | No Comment

NOTE: If your landlord lives in your building, see the “Exceptions” note on the right side of this page.
What are essential services?
Heat, running water, hot water, electricity, gas,and plumbing.
Who is responsible for …

Read the full story »
Healthy Homes

guides about health hazards in your home or apartment

Landlord & Tenant FAQ

guides about heat, locks, apartment conditions, and other landlord tenant responsibilities

Leases & Security Deposits

starting and ending the rental agreement, security deposits

Subsidized Housing

guides related to public housing, Section 8, HUD, and other subsidized housing

Evictions & Foreclosures

guides about evictions, foreclosures, and moving out

Residential Landlord Tenant Ordinance

(Chicago Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance)
This chapter shall be known and may be cited as the “Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance”, and shall be liberally construed and …

Asthma – FAQ

What is asthma?
Asthma is a chronic disease of the lungs that makes it very difficult to breathe. The small and medium airways swell and fill with mucus when they come into …

HUD Tenants’ Rights and Responsibilities

HUD Resident Rights and Responsibilities

HUD Tenants’ Right to Organize

HUD Tenants’ Right to Organize

HUD Information

HUD: Housing Urban Development; the federal department in charge of assuring affordable housing throughout the country in cooperation with local government.
CHA: Chicago Housing Authority; the local governmental power which translates HUD regulations into city policies.
Loan …

Domestic Violence and Public Housing

Violence Against Women Act
Violence Against Women Act

CHA Tenants Handbook

CHA Tenants’ Handbook

Find Your Landlord’s Contact Information

Landlord’s Name
To find out who owns a building in Cook County, begin your search in County Building (118 N. Clark Street).   First go to the Revenue Dept., Room 112, and ask someone at the …